Thursday, August 9, 2007

Peanut Butter cookies



Last night we had Aly's friend Nick over for pizza and to help us make some Peanut Butter cookies. This is really the first time I have let go of my control and let Aly make the whole cookie batter all by herself. In the past I would get away with her putting a few ingredients in. Well, this time, Nick and Aly put all of the ingredients in by themsleves. I have to admit I was having control issues and had to seriously remind myself to "let go!" You are probably wondering, what did I want to control? The mess!!! I was afraid they wouldn't make things into the bowl and it would end up all over the place!



The good news is they did a very good job keeping the mess in the bowl. Aly didn't want to crack the eggs so Nick did both. He did a great job too, no shells. The cookies turned out great and of course the kids had too many of them;-)



Since Daddy was playing volleyball Aly had me read her a bedtime story and put her to bed. Apparently it wasn't good enough though and she had to wait up for Daddy. It didn't hurt my feelings, I thought it was cute. The past two weeks or so Daddy has been putting Aly to bed and she has really enjoyed this new routine. It made Daddy feel good when he came home that Aly only wanted Daddy to put her to bed.

KK slept till 6 a.m. in her bed last night. Very nice for me to finally have a complete night of uninterupted sleep. I know I haven't mentioned her sleeping habits for awhile. I was in the process of breaking the sippy cup of juice at night. She would drink a complete cup right before falling asleep, then wake up between 2-3 a.m. and drink a half to another full cup. This was causing her to wet through her dipaer and pj's and I was having to change her in the middle of the night each night. Since that was not working for me I had to change it and I did! It took between 3-4 nights. I just offered her water instead. She didn't like water so she wouldn't drink. Problem solved and I am getting much better sleep now!

FYI if you click on the pictures you can view them larger. Also, I made it so anyone can comment. I would love to hear what you think! It also helps me know that people are reading this. Thanks!

2 comments:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

I can't give up control either! It is really hard.

Yeah for the sleep! Good thinking with offering water.

Anonymous said...

LOL....I had no idea you were having that struggle, you seemed so at ease with the whole thing, I figured you must do it all the time! LOL.......Great Job Angela! & The pics are adorable. Thank you for having us!