Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swap Meet


This morning I got up at 5:00 a.m. to go down the hill to sell some of my baby items at a swap meet. My friend and I got there by 6:00 a.m. and all of the spots for selling were already taken! Fortunately her mother in law was there by 5:30 and managed to grab three spots for us. This was my spot! The good news is I sold about half of everything you see there. The best news was that I sold all of my big things but the car seat and the Little Tikes high chair. The best seller of the day was the clothes. I sold more than half of them. Of course I did give a steal of a deal. I sold them 2/$1.00.

First thing in the morning one of the other merchants came over and bought some of my clothes. She told me she had a niece in Mexico that they would look good on. Later I looked down at her spot and she was selling them for a higher price!

The only other story I have was reguarding my stroller. I had a nice GRaco stroller that I paid $120 for new. I was selling it for $35.00. I had a woman interested but she didn't even want to pay $30.00. I told her how much the stroller was brand new and it was in great condition. I said maybe when I pack up I might sell it cheaper. She said she was from Sacramento and wouldn't be able to come back. She came back to me three more times over the next fifteen minutes trying to get me to go cheaper. She finally bought it when she heard another girl ask me how much the stroller was! I think she got a great deal! I could have sold it on craigslist for$40-$50 dollars.

All in all it was a great day. I amde $150.00 for our vacation fund. I would definately do it again. Oh yeah and hubby is happy because now we have more space in the basement as he has been wanting that room cleaned up so he could work out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man some people can be SO stingy! I can't believe that one woman and your stroller! Crazy!!! I'm sure glad you stuck to it though! And I'm really glad you didn't have to go home with that stroller! :)I'm so glad you made some good money for your vacation fund! Woo hoo!!!! :)Amy