Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Subbing Day 12

I had the opportunity to sub in Aly's class again today. Actually I would have been able to sub, Mon., Tues., and Wed., if KK hadn't been sick. She was feeling better Wednesday so I was thrilled to be able to sub in Aly's class.

The morning was stressful as usual getting the girls ready and out the door by 7:40 a.m. The worst part was when I showed up at KK's preschool at 8 a.m. the person who was supposed to be there hadn't shown up. Of course I am panicking and not sure what to do. Five minutes later she shows up which ended up making me five minutes late to work. I hate being late so I was pretty irritated about it.

The worst part of the day happened twenty minutes after school started. One of the little girls in the class came to me and told me her tummy didn't feel well. Then she threw up right in front of me on the floor. I grabbed a garbage can to let her finish and then had someone take her to the office so she could go home, poor girl. Then being the germ a phoebe that I am, I got my instant hand sanitizer out of my sub bag and proceeded to give every child in the class a squirt of hand sanitizer. I swear I must of given myself a squirt of hand sanitizer 15 times during the school day! Every time I thought I may have touched something she touched that morning I squirted myself with hand sanitizer. My girls have been sick enough this year and I certainly will do everything I can to try and prevent that yucky illness from coming to our home!

It was picture day at school and it took an hour just for our class to get their pictures taken. It was crazy. I was unable to get things done from the lesson plan because of it. We only managed to accomplish a butterfly art project that she had...the kids loved the project, and a math paper. The day went fairly well. While the children were very chatty and not listening well it was to be expected after three days of different subs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew! What a day you must have had. I got stressed just reading about your day. :) To think that all of it wasn't even your fault must have been SUPER irritating! I hope your next sub day goes much smoother for you!!! :) Amy