Friday, March 20, 2009

Daddy's Girl

The girls and I had a great afternoon/evening together the other day. Hubby has returned to playing volleyball after work one day a week so I decided to turn that day into a Girl's Day Out. I decided to take the girls to Arden Fair Mall since we only go there about twice a year. KK quickly fell asleep in the car which was great since it is over an hour drive away. While KK was sleeping Aly and I had some great conversations. One of interest was about her Daddy. Here is how it went:

Mommy, do I have to have babies when I grow up?

No, you don't have to have any babies if you don't want to.

Good, because I want to marry Daddy...but I can't because you are married to him.

Oh, do you want me to divorce Daddy so you can marry him?

What does divorce mean?

It means Mommy moves out and lives by herself.

Oh, no Mommy, that would make Daddy sad...

But can I still visit Daddy if I get married?

Oh yes, Daddy would love it if you visited him.

What if I don't get married?

You can visit him anytime you want. I am sure Daddy would want to see you as often as you would want to come and visit.

Good, because I want to see Daddy a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the most precious thing I've ever heard! I bet it made Ed so happy! So cute! I'm glad you were able to write the conversation out so you will always have it...sooo adorable! :) Amy