Friday, March 27, 2009

Subbing Day 13

Yesterday ended up being my first day subbing in a classroom other than Aly's. Last time I was scheduled to sub in a different class I had to cancel because that was the time KK ended up with walking pneumonia. So I was excited to have the chance to sub in the other kindergarten classroom at Aly's school. It was only a half day but let me just tell you, that was the perfect introduction to their class.

I didn't have to get there until 11:30. The children were at lunch so it gave me 40 minutes to rad the lesson plans and the teacher was there so we had a nice friendly chat. The rest of the day was a breeze. There was a parent volunteer there the whole afternoon which was great. She helped me with children's names and helped me to know their rules and routines. Everything was well planned out and the children were great with their routines. It was fun.

I decided my perfect work schedule was a half day p.m. sub. It was great to get Aly off to school in the morning, KK to a babysitter, and I even got my dialy 50 minute morning run in! How cool is it to be able to leisurely get ready for work in the morning and then only have to work until 2 p.m.? What a great day!

No comments: