Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Subbing

Yesterday morning was quite a busy morning with subfinder. At 7:50 a.m. they called me to sub for the P.E. teacher. The job would start at 8:30. So this would give me basically ten minutes to get dressed, take a shower, get the kids ready for school, oh yeah and find childcare for KK. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. So I declined the job. I think they needed to find someone whose children were already in school and lived within 5 minutes of the school.

I got back from taking Alyssa to the bus stop and got another call from subfinder. This time they were asking me to sub for the other kindergarten teacher from 11:30-2:00 that day. So I accepted the job, found childcare, did my 50 minute run on the treadmill, took a shower, brought KK to my friend's house for her to watch her and went to school. When I arrived the secretary looked at me and said, "Who are you here for?" I told her I was called by subfinder for Mrs. W. She told me that job was for Thursday. I told her I was called for today. She looked into the system and saw that I was right. Apparently she entered the job wrong and was supposed to put Thursday. So she apologized. I came to the school for no reason. Bummer, the biggest bummer is that I have to find people to watch KK. So I will be back on Thursday.

No comments: