Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Christmas Decorating

Before we were even out of our bed on the morning after Thanksgiving, Aly was up and excited for us to start decorating for Christmas. Fortunately for us we use a fake Christmas tree due to having a wood stove and my allergies to trees. While last January I was able to find the most beautiful artificial tree that was originally $299 on clearance for $75.00! I was thrilled and I purchased it. It even has the really looking pine needle ends. So I too was excited to bring the tree up and see how beautiful it really was.

The nice part was that hubby seamed to take care of most of it. He brought the tree up, set it up, and even spread out the branches. I went down and got the ornaments out from storage and let the girls go to work decorating the tree. They had a great time.

On our last visit to San Jose we received a hand me down train. Hubby has been wanting one under the tree for years but we never got around to purchasing one. So he eagerly got the train out and starting setting it up. After he went through all the trouble of putting the track pieces together, he discovered that it was not working. Poor guy spent over two hours playing with the electrical system and resautering it to get it to work. It just barely works too but at least he was able to see it in action!

Here are some pics we took.



Our tree is much bigger than last years tree at 7.5 feet. We couldn't fit it in our normal location so we had to move it near the wood stove.



Our tree lit up at night. My camera doesn't take the best picture but you get the idea.



Aly asked if she could pose in front of the tree with her Rudolph!



KK just wanted to be silly. She thought it would be funny to pose with Thomas the Train track.



Isn't Aly cute with her poses! Daddy thought she looked to grown up in these pictures to use for the Christmas card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree! It's absolutely beautiful! How fun for all of you! Wow! Go Ed for getting that train to work! That must be fun for everyone! That might be something we need to start looking for. I know the kids would love it! I know there is a Disney one that would be SO fun to get!!! :) I will have to watch for it after Christmas. The girls are so cute in front of the tree. I've got to get going on our Christmas cards too! Sure wish I was there to see your tree and YOU in person! :) Amy