Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Fun Continues

Today the fun continued for everyone! My friend Terry took the girls to their favorite place which they call "The Purple Place." a.k.a. The Children's Discovery Museum. Daddy got to get together with all of his old volleyball buddies and have an entire day filled with competitive play and Mommy got to spend the day with Grandma. Grandma had eye surgery a few weeks prior for Macular Degeneration and it has left her with poor sight. She can no longer drive and needed to run some errands. So I was happy to do it. It was so fun to spend the day with Grandma without the girls. I had never had any alone time with her since the girls were born.

Grandma and I had fun going to places like Michaels, Aaron Brothers, Trader Joes, Walgreens, and we even went out to lunch for Chinese food. All this without having to strap and unstrap two children in and out of car seats and constantly remind them not to touch anything in the store, to stop running, and please stop fighting! Grandma and I actually had uninterrupted conversations. It was great!

We will be returning for a week in December as well as hubby has a class to take. So I look forward to taking my girls to some fun places during the week and hope to spend more time with Grandma. Yes, hubby is already planning some more volleyball too. We also hope to catch up with old friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to have that special time with your Grandma. Whenever I get even a 15 minute conversation with my Grandma with no distractions it's always so special to me as I know it is to her too. I'm sure you made your Grandma's day and made her feel very special! :)