Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Great Frugal Birthday Party.

Aly was invited to a birthday party for one of her classmates at McDonald's today. This particular McDonald's has an indoor play place which the kids love. Man, I am telling you, these parents had this whole birthday party thing all right! They had a great frugal party. They brought in their own table cloths, cups, plates, napkins, balloons, party bags, and cake. McDonalds didn't mind that they were having a birthday party there. Probably because some of the guests ordered food so they made some money off of it. The party was scheduled from 2-4 which being that it is between two meals, the parents didn't have to buy any food for the children. So not only did they not have to buy a party package through McDonals, their only out of pocket costs were those mentioned above. You know what? The kids all had a great time!

I really liked the idea of this party and thought it would be great to do with my girls. However, I think it may be too late. Since we have had a swimming pool birthday party the last two years my girls have come to expect it. I asked Aly if she would like to have her party at McDonald's instead of the swimming pool and she wasn't going for it! Oh well, I thought I would try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea! We might just have to do that for Taylor since her birthday is in February and we can't have an outside party. And they all LOVE the playplace at Mcdonalds. Such a good idea! Amy :)