Monday, November 17, 2008

Our turkey art

Yesterday I decided to teach the girls how to make a turkey using their hands as the feathers. I actually saw the basic design on a first grade classroom's window and thought it was adorable. So I decided to have the girls make one. Aly was really excited and started right away having me trace her hand. Surprisingly KK was excited too and wanted me to trace her hands. Just days earlier at her Montessori she refused to let them trace her hand.


Alyssa cut out all of her hands herself. Although by the time she had two left she really didn't want to do it anymore. I told her to just finish the last two as it would make it more special if she did all the hands herself. I cut out the rest for her turkey and everything for KK's. Aly assembled her turkey herself and I did KK's. I just love how Aly picked red eyes for her turkey!
If you might want to do this with your child it is simple. Trace their hands in different colors for the feathers. For the body I just traced a small dish plate. The head I just drew like I was drawing half a hot dog. Good luck with it, we had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this with Taylor and Timmy! It's so cute!!! I think we will do it on Thanksgiving Day! I know that will have so much fun doing it! I can't believe Alyssa did all that cutting! That's amazing! They look so good! Amy :)