Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a crazy day!

It is 7:30 a.m., KK is sitting with me on the couch after just waking up, Aly is still in bed, the phone rings. It is Mrs. Petrie, Aly's teacher asking if I could sub today. I said yes of course but this only gave me twenty minutes to get all three of us ready and lunches packed. I also had to call KK's preschool to make sure the director would be open in time for me to drop KK off.

I took a 2 minute shower and woke Aly up immediatly. She was thrilled I would be subbing in her class so she was highly motivated to get ready for school and did an excellent job getting ready in record time!

I managed to get out of the house on time. I had to wait three minutes for the director to show up at the preschool but it worked out just fine. I got to school and started the day. A parent said she would be volunteering today to help the kids make Christmas tree ornaments. Between doing this project which had the kids totally thrilled, and having a sub the day before, the children were very hyper and hard to calm down.

After the day was over we had to run up to KK's preschool which is a 25 minute drive from Aly's school. We picked her up and ran back down to Aly's school as she had art class. After art class we had a soccer end of the season pizza party we had to attend. When that was done we finally headed home. I couldn't believe we were gone the whole day. We got home after 7 and I had to start a fire to try and warm up our freezing cold house. The wood stove is our only source of heat so days when we are gone we come home to a very cold house. After making a fire I gave the girls a bath and started the bedtime routine. What a long, stressful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! I got exhausted just reading that! Man that must have been a hard day for you. Just the way your day started would have thrown me completely off track. I never could have done it. You are truly amazing Angela! Amy :)