Thursday, December 13, 2007

Poor little Aly

Aly came down with croup on Sunday night/Monday morning so I kept her home from school. We stayed home all day Tuesday and she appeared to be feeling better. Wednesday she begged to go to school and since she looked like she was better I sent her. Around 4 p.m. she started complaining her ear hurt so I called the doctor to get an appointment for this morning. She had a bad night of sleeping last night and a fever. I brought her to see the doctor and her fever had rose to 104 degrees! I was shocked. She tested positive for strep throat and now has both strep and croup. She is miserable and has been laying on the couch since we have gotten home from the doctor. She cried periodically in pain and won't even eat a Popsicle or ice cream. (That is when you know she is sick!)

I have given her an antibiotic and hopefully she will start feeling better tomorrow sometime. It is sure sad to watch her not feel well. It breaks my heart and I wish so much that I could make her feel better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you don't feel well Aly. I hope you start feeling better. Grandma is sad when you don't feel good. Have a popsicle it will help you feel better. I love you sweety.