Friday, December 14, 2007

The Credit card game

One of my favorite things that I was taught from my friend Parag is how to get the most of your money through credit cards. Now this game can only work for those of you that have control and pay off your credit card in full each billing cycle. Parag taught me to find a credit card that gives cash back and use it for all of your spending. This includes anyone that will take a credit card--gas, groceries, fast food, etc. I have been doing this without any problems for more than 5 years now. Sometimes I have to flip between credit cards when I meet the max reward. I am earning at least 700 a year in cash back rewards. I always put this money aside for our vacations.
I just recently came upon a credit card that gives you 3% cash back on your top three earning categories and 1% back on everything else up to 675 a year. When I signed up I got an additional 100 cash back after my first purchase. Although right now they did drop it down to 50 cash back. Here is the link for you to check the card out: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/home/?CELL=6QKM&MSC=T3011122&utm_source=Chase.com&utm_medium=marquee&utm_content=Marquee1

If you are good with your finances you win! You actually earn money by using your credit card. I highly recommend creating an online account so you can check your daily balance each day so that you know you are staying on budget. This credit card is really good at posting right away and most things are posting to my account the same day. Good luck!

1 comment:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

WOw! I am impressed. I don't know if I could do that.