Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hosting the Tregembo Family Xmas

Well, this year we would be hosting hubby's side of the family for a Xmas dinner. The list included 21 people which isn't even all of the brothers. One of hubby's brothers lives on the East Coast with his three kids and for obvious reasons they wouldn't be making it.

When we first got married I had no clue how to host such a large group. Actually I had no clue how to host at all. All I was ever used to was having 1 or 2 friends over and making everything as I went along. So my first few years of hosting the Tregembo family were very hard and stressful. Through the years I watched others and how they hosted and learned a few tricks along the way. One of the best tricks I learned was to try and prepare everything before all of your company arrives. This is very valuable as I have a 2 and 4 year old and they need my attention too much to be able to be doing all of the cooking and cleaning as the party is happening.

I took a few pictures. We had to have three tables to fit everyone. Unfortunately all 3 tables wouldn't fit in the picture but you can get the idea.





















This was the center piece I chose for each of the three tables. Very simple yet elegant and each centerpiece only cost a total of $5 a piece. I was even lucky enough to find matching table clothes all for $5 a piece as well.











Check out KK having fun with her Uncle Jim. You may notice she is in her PJ's. Do you know why? She kept taking off all of her clothes like every 15 minutes and I just couldn't take redressing her anymore. She doesn't know how to get out of PJ's so I finally ended up putting her in those!