Saturday, December 15, 2007

Is my dog a cat?

Last week my dog was outside. When I called her in I saw her struggling with something in her mouth. I told her to drop it. When she did it was a mouse, barely alive. I thought I better just let the mouse go and see what happens. She kept picking it back up. Poor little guy. She finally managed to kill it.

I started thinking to myself, how did this not so smart dog catch a mouse. My theory is that our cat actually caught the mouse and our dog went and picked it up. Our cat likes to just play around with animals when it catches them. He doesn't always kill them. My guess is he was playing with this mouse after he caught it and our dog went and got it.

The worst part is when Nevada went out later to go to the bathroom, without me knowing she picked the mouse up and brought it in the house. GROSS!!!!! So, I had to clean that up!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can't believe you had to clean that up. I did have to laugh at the story though. Poor mouse, but when you think about it, it's pretty funny! Definitely not the cleaning up part though!! :-)