Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day in the ER

For the past two and a half days KK has been running high fevers around 105 which could only be controlled with around the clock ibeprofren. Well on Sunday, the first day she had the high fever I brought her to the doctors. They couldn't find anything wrong and told me to come back in two days if the fever continued. I told them that would mean Christmas Day. They said if I came back the next day it might be too soon to tell. So after a horrible nights sleep, KK still had a high fever. We hurried to open up gifts so that I could take KK to the Emergency Room. Unfortunately since it was Christmas day all urgent cares were closed. So I left the house at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until after 2 p.m. ER was packed and it took me 2 hours just to be put in a bed--I was in a hallway with her they were that crowded. The doctor discovered she had an ear infection and my guess is she had strep throat as well but I didn't bother asking them to test for it since they would be giving antibiotics already.



Aly was really happy on Christmas morning. Poor KK was tired and only lasted through opening two presents. She had a hard day!

No comments: