Saturday, April 18, 2009

Subbing Day 16!

On Thursday I got the opportunity to sub in Aly's class again. The kindergarten teachers had a preschool transition meeting to attend. Aly was thrilled and the day was super easy! It was a hlaf day job. I reported at 11:30, the kids were at lunch from 11:30-12:10. I sat around waiting for the kids to come. Then all I had the kids for was from 12:10-1:50. I got paid $65 for that half day sub job. It was great. In kindergarten a good portion of the afternoon is spent on socialization so I read a story to them, did a rhyming packet, and the rest of the afternoon was play. We even managed to fit in their favorite activity I do with them called the "Party Song."

Recently I have been trying to figure out my strategy for subbing next year. I was orginally thinking since Aly will be full day like the rest of the school I could start subbing a lot for the whole school. However, KK is still not thrilled about going to preschool after almost a year at the same school so I don't think I want to make her schedule unstable and unpredicatable. So I am thinking that I will just sub for kindergarten and first grade next year. That way I am still getting to know the school and allowing them to get to know me, but I am not putting KK in too much daycare......those are my thoughts for now. Things could always change though....

No comments: