Saturday, April 25, 2009

KK's learning style


My favorite game that I currently play is an internet game called Who Has the Biggest Brain. It is so much fun! It has you doing timed exercises such as counting blocks, determining the heaviest object, calculating math facts, placing puzzle pieces, putting numbers in order from least to greatest, ordering objects, and playing a match game. The funny thing is KK loves to watch me play this game. She begs me to play it but I know she is far too young to play it.

Well last night I finally let her play it. I let her have complete control over the mouse. For most of the games I just told her the answer and she clicked in the numbers. The cool thing is she can recognize all of her numbers so that was a good learning experience for her. On one of the exercises I let her play it completely by herself! It was the memory game. The game shows you a set of cards with objects on it. It then flips the cards and you have to click on them to pair up the matches. I am o.k. at this game but you know what? KK is great at it! She has great visual memory! I was very impressed! She knew matches that I couldn't remember.

I already know KK has great auditory memory skills so it was fun to see that she has good visual memory skills too! Maybe she will get the best of both hubby and my learning strengths!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haay.. brains on both sides help. MOM

Anonymous said...

P>S> nothing wrong woth my grand cildren. There all smart
MOM