Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hubby's Birthday

This week we celebrated hubby's birthday. Unfortunately for me it was the sickest day I felt the whole week. I had a horrible sinus infection with a 100 degree fever. It was all I could do to muster up my strength and go out to dinner. We met hubby for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. I had called that morning and was able to reserve his favorite table too.

Dinner was tasty, although a bit late since they messed up our order. We came home and celebrated with a cookie cake that Aly and I had made. Honestly Aly had made most of the cake herself. She made the cookie dough and added the m&m's for decoration.




Isn't the cake cute? At dinner KK told Daddy what a few of his presents would be. Oh well, she will learn eventually not to spill the beans. She was very proud of the table and his cake. She picked out the daisy plant for Daddy. Aly picked out the other one. The wine was provided by me, his favorite bottles!
I still think Daddy looks younger than he really is! Although I am not sure if he is feeling younger. He is starting to get more aches and pains. He is getting more grey hair too!
I was so sick that after our birthday celebration I went right to bed. I felt so bad the next day because I didn't get a chance to call my mom and wish her a happy birthday. My mom and hubby share the same birthday. So sorry again Mom, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reason Daddy looks as young as he is, is that he has tapped into that fountain of youth known as "only being as old as you feel". And he has two daughters who can help keep him young for a long time.

Happy Birthday, Ed!!!!

-- Bill