Monday, January 12, 2009

What happened to Dr. Visits???

Just before Christmas we took the girls in to visit the Dr due to colds that were linger and Aly complaining that her ear hurt. The previous year KK ended up with an ear infection on Christmas and we were in the ER so I was going to make sure to take all precautions so this didn't happen again.

When we saw the Dr she looked in their ears and said they looked good. She did say that Aly had quite a bit of wax build up in one of her ears and that she could have her assistant clean it out. There was never any mention of an additional charge. They told us we could do this once a month at home in the future just by simply buying the ear cleaning solution at the pharmacy which is only a few dollars.

We let them clean her ear and we were on our way. Recently I just got the bill for this visit. Do you know they charged us for cleaning her ear. IT was a ridiculous amount of $53 too! I was ticked! Whatever happened to going in for an office visit and getting treated which was all included in the visit? So now I will have to ask anytime they touch my child if it will be an additional charge?

I called up the office to ask why they charged such a high amount and why I wasn't told it would be an additional charge. That was on Friday, they didn't return my call until Monday and that lady told me I would have to speak to the person in charge. Her name was Karen. I left her a message and have not received any return phone call. I am sure they are not going to let me get out of this charge and my insurance is not paying it!

I swear the medical industry is getting worse and worse in so many ways! Anybody else have problems like these?

No comments: