Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Goals for 2009

I know many people make New Year's Resolutions but I have never been very successful at that. A few days ago I saw a blog where someone had wrote down their resolution for 2008 and had actually came back to that post and updated it to their progress. I thought that was a great idea so I am going to try it with my goals for 2009.

I have thought about my goals this past week and wanted to center them around improving myself, my relationship with my family, and family improvements. Here are some of the goals I came up with:

1. Work on strength training 2-3 times a week to improve my over all body health.

2. Work on introducing healthier foods to the girls and incorporate a family meal where there is nothing special prepared and everyone eats what is made.

3. Have a family game night on Tuesday evenings. I chose this night since hubby does volleyball on Wednesday's so the girls could have some quality time with him the night before.

4. Arrange a babysitter twice a month so hubby and I can have alone time and work on reconnect.

5. Make a cleaning schedule and divide the chores out over 7 days and stick to it!

6. Buy shelving and totes to organize the playroom. Once organized hold the girls accountable for cleaning it! (Any suggestions on management of cleaning?)

7. Teach every member of this household to pick up after themselves! (LOL o.k. maybe this is just really a dream.)

8. Work on my posture.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You listed some good goals. I wish we could be exercise partners, maybe someday!