Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Subbing Day 9

So today was my ninth day of subbing this school year for Aly's teacher. For this year I will probably only sub for her teacher since kindergarten is on a modified full day and they get out an hour and twenty minutes before the rest of the school. Since I don't have anyone to watch Aly if I am subbing in first grade and up I will only be able to sub in kindergarten. That only leaves me with one other teacher to sub for. She is rarely out and already has a favorite substitute so you get the idea....

Anyway, it has been fun to sub in Aly's classroom. Not only do I get to see her as a student, but I also get to know all of her classmates and friends. I also get to see what she does in school each day. I really enjoy this part. While it can be difficult to sub in her class due to hard behavior from one of the children, I have enjoyed getting to know all of the class both academically and socially. Today I was able to give a math assessment to half of the class. I know it sounds really geeky but I really enjoy doing assessments. I enjoyed it when I had my own classroom too. It just really helped me to know the students more intimately academically and help to see where they need to grow and learn and what mistakes they may be making.

Today was a good day subbing. I was quite busy with the children and the behavior problem only had issues during free play time socially. It makes it much nicer not to have to deal with behavior problems during instruction.

I have to say I do really miss teaching. Too bad it will probably be a long time before I have my own classroom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pay check