Friday, January 2, 2009

R.I.P. Aunt Karen

The following picture is a picture of my Aunt and Dad in Burney Falls about 5 years ago I think? My Dad and my Aunt developed cancer around the same time. My Dad had stage 3 colon cancer and my Aunt had uterine cancer. My Dad fought cancer for the next 5 years along with my Aunt. They called themselves cancer buddies. My Dad lost his fight to cancer in March of 2005. My Aunt Karen still fought her battle strong. After 8 years of battling cancer my Aunt has joined my father in Heaven today.

My Aunt was an amazing woman that touched many people's lives. She was always giving to others and put other people first. She always made me feel a part of the family and would invite me on many family outings. She amazed me how hard she fought to beat her cancer. Her will power, strength, and courage were amazing. Her love and devotion to her family was admirable. I hope that as I raise my girls I can have as strong of a bond with them as she did with her children. They were always first in her life and she had contact with them daily. She was a loving mom, wife, aunt, and friend. She will be missed greatly by many.

My heart goes out to her family during this difficult time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I an so sorry to hear about your aunt. The sufferings over and she's in a place where she's peaceful again. It's always hard to lose some loved one,friend. But she'll always be remembered in your heart. It's painful at first but it doe's get easier. Love mom T

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sorry for you and for the rest of your family. It's a beautiful picture of your Aunt and your Dad as well. Amy :)