Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rough Night, sick girl

Everything seemed fine at bedtime, the routine was normal, it took awhile for KK to get to sleep. Around 1 a.m. she came in to our room and climbed into our bed. For the next hour she was tossing and turning and kicking her feet. I didn't know what was going on. Then all of a sudden around 2 a.m. she coughs and throws up all over me and her. Poor thing. She handled it very well. She stood there shivering as I changed her jammies into clean ones and waited patiently for me to come back to bed and take care of her. I managed to wake hubby up for help getting a bowl and to help with Aly who was awaken by the noise.

For the next two hours I would lay in bed awake wondering if KK was going to throw up again. Every little squirm and sound she made I swear I lept up and grabbed the bowl! Lucky for me she slept the rest of the night and didn't throw up again.

She awoke around 8 a.m. and I gave her a sippy cup of juice since she had been able to hold down water during the night. Within 5 minutes she downed the entire sippy cup. Next time she coughed and while sitting on my lap she threw up again. Yes, know we are both wearing throw up for the second time! I clean her and I up and start to run a bath. During this time I am wondering, does she have the flu or is she throwing up due to her cough from this cold she has had for 8 days now? So I decide to call the doctor and make an appointment so they can listen to her lungs. Her cough is very deep sounding so I figure I better take all the precautions I can as I don't want her to end up with pneumonia.

After seeing the doctor he tells me that she has bronchitis. We are sent away with two prescriptions, and antibiotic that is more gentle on the stomach and an expectorant to help her cough up the phlegm. The doctor said it is common to have some vomiting with coughing during bronchitis.

So hopefully she will start to feel better soon. Hopefully Aly's current cold won't turn into bronchitis! Wish us well!

No comments: