Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy unplanned day

I had another one of those days where everything that happened was last minute and unplanned. While I did know that I would be picking up Aly's friend Nathan for school, the entire rest of the day was a surprise. After picking Nathan up for school I discovered Aly forgot to bring her backpack with her lunch in it. I didn't have enough time to go home and get it so I told her I would have to bring it to school at snack recess.

After getting Aly and Nathan to the bus stop in the nick of time I had to take KK to preschool--at least I remembered her backpack! Then it was off to bring Aly her backpack to school. Once arriving in her classroom her teacher asked if I could sub half day today. After agreeing to I had to race home to take a shower and dress reasonable for my sub job. Of course before getting clean my step-mom asked me to try and buy Fleetwood Mac tickets for her on the Internet.

As soon as I finished getting ready to sub I raced to the school and spent the rest of the day in Aly's classroom. Then it was off to pick up KK from preschool. Once getting home I needed to spend quality time with the puppy and make sure she had a big enough break outside to go to the bathroom. Did I mention my house was freezing too at a mere 55 degrees? So I had to start a fire to warm up the house. Wouldn't you know it, we had no kindling and I had to go outside to get a bundle of firewood.

Such a long day and I am glad it is over. I am such the planner so it is always an adjustment for me to have a day where I must readjust to the new schedule!

No comments: