Monday, January 5, 2009

Apricot Squares

Here is the recipe for the yummiest cookies ever! BTW I use butter instead of shortening and I used more than 3/4 c. apricot jam. I didn't even measure the jam I just spread it over the dough and a reasonable thickness that I would like.



2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. shortening
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. apricot jam



Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Put dough in the fridge for two hours. Cut dough evenly into two parts. Spread first part evenly in the bottom of a cookie sheet. Spread jam over it. Roll out the second part of the dough into 1/2 inch strips. Lay strips criss cross on top of the jam layer. Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: