Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I bought my puppy's name!

Over the weekend as a family we tossed out some name ideas for our new puppy. Some of the ideas were Daisy, Sadie, Sister, Montana, and Sunny. Daddy really wanted Sunny, Mommy wanted Sadie and the girls wanted Daisy. So it appeared that the girls won, by Monday we let the girls choose Daisy. However, this name just didn't sit right with us as we felt like she would be such a big dog and needed a stronger name. My friend Annette suggested the name Shasta to go with the geography theme of our current dog named Nevada. I liked it. I was wanting to pick an S name since our last dog's name was Sierra. So I suggested the name Shasta to hubby. He liked it too! He said it was a very strong name for what will be a large dog. When I suggested it to the girls they both still wanted Daisy. So I called Sticker Grandma and asked her to try and convince the girls that Shasta would be a good name. No luck, they weren't going for it.

As I sat on the couch thinking of ways of persuasion I decided to offer to buy the dogs name. I asked Aly and KK if I paid them each $1.00 could we name the dog Shasta? Aly was excited and right away agreed to the terms. KK just agrees to whatever Aly wants so it worked great. The girls were excited to get $1.00 and I was thrilled to change her name to Shasta! So Shasta it is all for the low cost of $2.00!

Here are some video's we have taken. The first one is of the girls reaction to the new puppy.




The second video is of both of our dogs, Nevada and Sierra.


No comments: