Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random things about me...

Okay.....Here it goes...

1. I absolutely love SUGAR!!!! It is my downfall and what causes me to need daily treadmill exercise!

2. I have two beautiful daughters which I love more than anything in this world and never knew I could love so deeply!

3. My husband cried at our wedding and I didn't. I rarely cry.

4. I love to play basketball but am sad that since moving from the Bay Area there is no women's basketball leagues in hick town.

5. I was baptized Lutheran, confirmed Catholic, switched to Episcopalian, and took Mormon lessons, I am now a very confused person religiously.

6. My very best friend is Amy Glanville and even after she moved to Montana we talk daily and have maintained a very strong friendship.

7. I don't like living in the country. I wish I could live within 10-15 minutes of a city.

8.I am happy having two children, my husband wants four...who do you think will win that one...LOL

9. I took the California Proficiency exam my junior year in High School and passed. Instead of going to my senior year in High School I went to junior college and was admitted into their honor's degree program.

10. As painful as it was I put myself through college working full time--many times two jobs at a time--and attending school full time. I had no time for much of a social life.

11. I have achieved all of my childhood dreams--at least the ones I remember having..

12. I wanted to be a teacher my whole life and love teaching young children. My favorite age to teach is kindergarten/first grade as I love teaching children how to read.

13. I HATE cleaning.

14. I like to cook but don't like the clean up.

15. I buy all of my girls clothes off the 75% racks and by them a year ahead. I pay an average of $2-$3 an item. I have even been known to find them shirts for .50 cents!

16. I am very frugal and enjoy it.

17. I don't like purses or shoes. In fact I think I only have two pair of shoes that I wear regularly.

18. I maintain a small circle of friends but invest a lot of time in those relationships. I prefer to have less friends with deeper relationships than lots of casual friendships.

19. Being a parent is ten times harder than I ever imagined but 100 times more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed.

20. I traveled in Europe for 30 days, visited 7 countries and felt like it was one of the best experiences of my life.

21. My father passed away just months before my second child was born. I think about him everyday and still have a hard time with his passing.

22. I hate onions!

23. I wish I lived closer to family.

24. I am ready to go back to teaching full time, unfortunately with all the budget cuts and declining enrollment it could take years for me to get a job. In the meantime I will have to be happy with subbing.

25. I am a coupon queen and carry them with me everywhere. I save a lot on our grocery bill and have coupons for most places we eat out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...I did Cry. But it was only cuz' of the realization that I was no longer single! Or maybe cuz I was relinquishing complete control of my life from there on out...not sure which! :)

Purva Brown said...

Good, good! Now ADD to it. :)I love these lists.