Thursday, June 5, 2008

She tells no lies


So Aly just turned five years old this week and I am still waiting for her to go through her lying phase. It is so funny how honest she is. Today has been one of those days where the girls are fighting quite a bit. Each time KK usually gets hurt and every time I can count on Alyssa to tell me exactly what happen with every little detail. Each time she is totally tattling on herself. I quietly chuckle inside as I can't believe how honest she is. I can't believe she hasn't learned to fabricate or point the finger or place the blame elsewhere. I used to teach preschool so I remember that 4-5 year olds are very capable of lying, fabricating, and manipulating so I guess I should be thankful we haven't started that here.
Here is an example of what happened today:
I hear KK crying upstairs in the playroom. I call Aly and ask her what happened.
She says, "KK had a spider that I wanted and I tried to take it from her. She wouldn't let go so I got mad and pushed her. She fell down and hit some toys on the floor and that hurt her. I really wanted that spider!"
So I ask her, "Did KK have the spider first?" Aly replies, "Yes"
So off to a timeout she goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious! Poor Alyssa for being so brutally honest! I'm pretty surprised that she is that honest! Cutest story ever though, thanks for sharing it! Love,
Amy