Thursday, June 5, 2008

Laptop Lunch boxes can't wait to get them


Last spring while I was surfing someone's blog I learned about Laptop Lunches. I really liked them but since I didn't need any at the time, I forgot about them. Well, now with Aly attending Kindergarten in August which will be a modified full day, they will need to take a lunch daily to school. With KK going to preschool on Tue/Thurs. she will need to bring a lunch as well. So I remembered Laptop Lunches. I couldn't remember the name and I didn't have it bookmarked but after doing a few quick searches on ebay I found them.


While they are not very stylish I really like the Tupperware in them, the fact that they don't contain any harmful chemicals found in many plastics, and the fact that I am not using a bunch of plastic ziplock bags for their lunches. I was sort of thinking though, my friend Annette has an embroidery machine so maybe I could buy the embroidery floss and template and have her embroider the girls names on their lunch bags and a frog for Aly and maybe an elephant for KK. We will see....


So I did an Internet search and the best rate I could find was on ebay. I spent $29 plus shipping and tax on each box. Since I wanted two it came to a total of $72. OUCH! Not something I normally splurge on but I think in the long run it will be worth it. I think these will last a long time. I could always just replace the cover or whatever begins to wear out each year. We will see. I should receive them within a week so I will let you know what I think. Check out their website if you are in the market for a lunchbox for your child. They really do look great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am pretty shocked you spent the money. :-) Looks like a really great idea though. Especially if you can personalize them. I would love that and I know the girls would too! Can't wait to hear about them!!! Amy :-)