Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our family celebration

We celebrated the girls birthday with just mommy and daddy tonight. I made each of them a cake. Aly wanted a frog cake and KK wanted an elephant cake. Aly wanted the same frog cake I had made her when she turned 3 so that was easy. However, I had never made an elephant cake before so I had to get my creative energy flowing.














For the frog I just used a 6" round cake pan and two cupcakes. For the elephant I used a 6" round cake pan, a banana for the trunk, and I took waffle cone bowls and broke them in half for the ears. They were both really excited about their cakes!













We made sure to have Aly blow out her candles first just so KK could watch and understand what it means to blow the candles out. We didn't want another repeat episode from the pool party on Saturday where she tried to eat the flame.













Fortunately KK did a good job and blew out one of her candles. She wasn't blowing hard enough to blow out all of them so Daddy helped. Aly really enjoyed her cake and for some reason was not using a fork????

















KK used a fork on her cake thank goodness. Here is KK opening one of her presents. The plush dinosaur Cera from her favorite movie The Land Before Time.


Aly just opened her musical card that signs, "Bare Necessities" She loved it!

No comments: