Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Working on improving my outer self

Since being pregnant and having two children within the last six years I have badly neglected myself. This has been due to many reasons, time, budget, weight, as well as always putting the children first.


Well on Monday I took my first step towards taking care of me! After six years I finally went and ordered some new contacts. Yes, six years. It took me that long because as a stay at home mom I didn't have anyone to watch the girls. It also was about the budget. Although we have vision insurance you have to pay out of pocket first and then you are reimbursed. For me this could mean almost $300 out of pocket up front due to the exam and the specialized toric lenses for my astigmatism. I am thrilled that I have finally had to the opportunity to get contacts.


My next step in the process has been to ask hubby for some nice tops for Christmas so that on occasion I can dress nice. Yes, I am usually the sweat pants queen! So I am trying to make a change and start wearing some nice tops with jeans on occasion. One of my problems though will be that I don't have any nice shoes to wear. After being pregnant twice my feet grew from a 7 1/2 to an 8 1/2. So perhaps I can work it in the budget in January or February to get a new pair of shoes that will look good with these new tops. I really want those baby doll style tops that tie under the breasts since that is the thinnest part of my body. I think they will be the most flattering.




My last step will be my hair. Since having the bad hair cut last September I will have to wait a bit on this one as it needs to grow out. I did attempt to highlight my hair by myself the other night but it didn't really work. So maybe over Christmas break I can have hubby watch the girls and go get a highlight job done. Since my hair is short I can go to one of those cheap places like Great Clips and just get it done there.


Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela~
You do so much for everyone! It's nice to see that you have realized you should do something good
for you. Spoil yourself.
Enjoy every moment!!
Tamela

Anonymous said...

I love both of those tops! They are super cute! I'm so happy for you that you are actually doing something for you for once!!! You definitely deserve it! You are amazing at everything you do! Love ya! Amy :)