Saturday, December 27, 2008

Aly & Mom go to The Nutcracker

It was a weekend full of fun for Aly and me. Yes, I scored half price tickets to The Nutcracker Ballet too! Travelzoo sent me an email alerting me and I was thrilled. I have wanted to take Aly to the Nutcracker ever since she was three but wanted to wait until she was a little older. This year I was actually thinking about it but with tickets costing $75 a seat I just couldn't do it. Thanks to the half price seats we were able to go.

The funny thing is we took the girls to a movie about a week before and neither one could sit through it. It was the movie The Tales of Desperaux. So it got me really nervous that I had wasted my money on tickets to The Nutcracker. Hubby prepared me for the fact that I just might have to leave with Aly at half time. As hard as it was to realize it I was glad to be prepared for it so I wouldn't be dissapointed.

However, the opposite was true! Aly absolutely loved The Nutcracker! In fact she stayed the entire show which wasn't even over until 9:45 p.m. She sat on my lap most of the show so she could see. We actually had good seats at just 19 rows up and just slightly off center. She had two tall adults sitting in front of her so it was hard for her to see. She could only see inbetween their heads. So most of the show she could see better sitting on my lap. I was happy to cuddle with her too!

Her favorite part was with the Mouse King when he fights the Nutcracker. She really liked the dancing and the orchestra playing. In fact when I asked her if she liked the Dinosaur show or the Nutcracker better she surprised me by saying The Nutcracker!


Aly was thrilled to get her pictures taken with the Mouse King and the Nutcracker! She was also thrilled to dress up in a pretty dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a special time for you girls. I've always wanted to see that as well. Maybe someday Taylor and I will be able to go too! Even better maybe we could all go together...I can dream, can't I?! :) Amy