Monday, December 29, 2008

Poor Aly has the flu

On Sunday while we were driving home from San Jose, hubby threw up on the whole drive home. We really thought this was due to the migraine headache that he had but we were soon to discover that we were wrong. At 4 a.m. in the morning Aly woke up. I heard her coughing in her room, then heard her go to the bathroom, and then she returned back to bed. Around 6 a.m. she came into our bed and by 7 a.m. she awoke throwing up. What I didn't know was that when she had gotten up earlier in the night she had actually thrown up in her bed. Poor girl.

She ended up being quite sick until around noon. For a couple of hours she was throwing up every 15 minutes and in between she was going to the bathroom and having the other end problem if you know what I mean. I felt so bad for her. She stayed on the couch the entire morning. KK luckily slept in until 9 and then was content watching a movie while I took care of Aly. I told KK Aly was sick and she seemed to understand.

Shortly before noon Aly took a 15 minute nap. Within an hour of the nap and no one getting sick she was up and about as if nothing had happened. I was amazed at her energy level, bouncing about the room. Aly and KK played the rest of the day as if Aly was never sick.

I thought for sure KK or I would come down with the flu but lucky for us we never did.



Poor Aly on the couch. I just had to add this picture of KK who at the time was watching over Aly asking if she was o.k.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like it sure was horrible for poor Alyssa! I'm sure glad you and Kayla didn't get it as well! That flu is the worst if you ask me. Glad she is done with it and all better! :) Amy