Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions

Our Christmas eve tends to be packed with many things to do. Lucky for me hubby took the girls to the pet store so I could full fill my Santa duties while the girls were away. This gave me time to organize and wrap everything I needed to. When the girls returned it was time to get to work! First we had to make cookies for Santa which the girls thoroughly enjoyed. Aly helped with every part including making the dough, rolling the dough out, and using the cookie cutters. Both Aly and KK loved the decorating part!



Here the girls are decorating the cookies with frosting. This was KK's first time ever decorating all by herself.



Check out their cookies!

The second thing we needed to do on Christmas Eve was to go up to the playroom and find some toys they no longer played with so they could fill up a box for Santa to take to all the boys and girls that didn't have very many toys. Aly felt very good about doing this and had no trouble filling a box up! I was so proud of her.



The box had been filled with all of the stuffed animals the girls no longer play with. Had we had more time I may have suggested a second box of toys but I figured this was a good start.

The last thing we needed to do was open one of the presents under the tree. This was a special present though as it was the same present every year on Christmas Eve--Christmas Jammies! I have a video of them opening up their jammies:




I hope every year the girls enjoy all three of these Christmas traditions!

No comments: