Saturday, September 20, 2008

What we would like to be for Halloween

I have always wanted to be Darth Vader for Halloween. No, I will not be him this year but it is definitely a costume I would love to have some day. The only problem is it would scare the children so it is probably not an appropriate costume to have as a teacher or a mother of young children. Maybe someday though. Here is a picture of my ideal costume. O.k. I know it is ridiculous at $599.00 but I am just saying it is my dream costume!













I asked hubby what he would like to be for Halloween and he said the costume of his dreams would be to be a tree. Like the trees in Lord of the Rings. What were those called? Ents or something like that? Here is a picture although it is not his exact choice as he would like it to look realistic with more leaves and such. Hmm, maybe someday I could sew him something and add real leaves and twigs the day of....













Aly wants to be Sleeping Beauty which is great since we got an awesome hand me down costume that is in great condition and came complete with a wand, shoes, and a crown. Here is an actual picture of her dressed up in her costume. She can't wait for Halloween.















KK has been in love with two things lately; Dumbo and Pongo the Dalmatian from 101 Dalmatians. So she decided to be dumbo for Halloween. I just ordered her costume from ebay and it shall arrive this week. Can't wait to see her in it. I think I will try to buy a long sleeve grey shirt and long sleeve stretch pants if I can find them.

2 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

Darth Vader is definitely cool, that would be a fun one to wear! I still have no idea what the kids will be, and if I had to dress up then I probably wouldn't leave the house. I'm clueless with costumes!

Anonymous said...

Well Taylor...surprise, surprise is going to be a princess. She wanted to the costume they have at old navy...although now that she's seeing all the costumes I think it's pretty hard for her. Timmy wants to be everything he sees...so we are still working on him. Me...I just don't see myself dressing up at all. :) Amy