Friday, September 12, 2008

The Mine Box


Lately my girls seem to be fighting more than ever. They are both provoking eachother too. Aly will purposely find one of KK's favorite things and show her that she has it. This sends KK into a crying fit wanted her favorite item. On the reverse end Aly will be playing with a line of toys and KK will come over and try to take one of them. This enrages Aly and it is an all out screaming battle! I am telling you on bad days it seems like this screaming is going on every 15 minutes.


So I have reached my limit of tolerance! Enough is enough. I think I actually reached my limit awhile ago but couldn't quite figure out how to handle it. This week I finally came up with a plan! The MINE box.


What is a MINE box you might ask. It is a box I found and put the words MINE on. From now on in our house anytime the children are fighting over a toy it goes in the MINE box. Guess what? They don't get it back until they are caught sharing other toys. Yes, it's true, it is not a simple 5 minute time out. It is in the box until they are caught doing behavior they should be doing!


I started this box a week ago and it seems to be working great! All I have to do now when I hear the sound of screaming is say that if they can't work it out it is going in the MINE box. They have been able to immediatly resolve the problem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's wonderful! Is it still working? I'm definitely going to remember this one. I'm glad it's working out so well for you. I can't imagine having to deal with those battles as frequently as you were. Such a GREAT idea! :) Amy