Tuesday, September 9, 2008

KK's first day at her new preschool

KK had her first day at her new preschool today. She did very well. On the way to preschool I asked her what was going to be her favorite thing about her new preschool. She said the tire swing. Sure enough as soon as we got there she went straight to the playground and began playing on the tire swing.
The next best thing was that one of her favorite friends Nick was in her class. She also knew another girl named Rory. So I think this time things will be easier since she knows some children in the class. I stayed for a half an hour and she was thoroughly enjoying herself.
At the end of the school day when I picked her up she was happy. The teachers said she had a good day and she didn't cry at all. They did say around 10:00 a.m. she asked to lay down. So they decided to try a nap with her after lunch. She napped for an hour.
When she got home I asked her how she liked school. She said she liked it. I asked her what her favorite thing about school was. She said eating! Do you know what is funny, she told her Daddy the same thing. I thought that was pretty funny.
While KK was at school I volunteered in Aly's classroom. I thought it would be great to get the opportunity to see how Diane was coming along in the room and how the teacher dealt with her. Do you know what was funny? Within five minutes of getting there the teacher told me her daughter was pretty sick and she sent her to school anyway. She asked me if I would be available to sub the rest of the day if her daughter was running a fever. I said I could. Luckily though her daughter wasn't running a fever.
Diane behaved the same way for her teacher as she did for me. She even said the same things like, I hate you, you don't like me, I don't want to be in your class, I hate everyone, etc.... The teacher did many of the same things I did but there were times when she ignored her or didn't address her behavior so I think I will try that!
I got a call at 8 p.m. from Aly's teacher, she needs me to sub tomorrow because her daughter really isn't doing well. So I said I would. Wish me luck with my patience and Diane! KK will enjoy another day at preschool while I am subbing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful Kayla is enjoying her new preschool. That must make you feel so good knowing you made such a good decision for her. It looks like a wonderful place! :) Amy