Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More Mickey Mouse tie Dye shirts

I have completed another round of Mickey Mouse Tie Dye shirts and yes, they are very time consuming. First of all you have to trace the Mickey Mouse head and then using white dental floss sew around the image so you can pull it tight. This took me an afternoon to do all 5 shirts. Then since I don't have dye that is already the color I want, I have to play chemist and mix the primary colors to come up with this rich true blue color. Finally I do the tie dying. Between mixing the dyes and dying the shirts it took me two hours. But I do like the results! A few of the shirts the black ran a bit outside of the Mickey head but I think they still look pretty good. What do you think? We will all be wearing these as a family at Disneyland. Won't be hard to find us huh? So now we have two days worth of tie dyes. FUN!


6 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

Your shirts are so cool! I'd be happy to be able to make regular tie dye shirts but those mickey mouse ones are awesome!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you guys! I LOVE them! I can't wait to see pictures of everyone wearing them! :)Amy

Unknown said...

your shhirts are so cute! Did you really have to sew mickey ? i am making them could you let me know thanks Pam

Angela said...

Hi Pam, I couldn't access your blog because you had it set to private. Anyway, yeah, I had to take a template of mickey mouses head and sew dental floss around it. After you sew around the outline of the head you pull the dental floss together super tight and tie it.

Anonymous said...

ok I did my version of the Mickey tie dye w/out sewing because I used rubber bands and they turned out awesome!! the trick is to use a light day on the 3 circled rubber bands and a dark dye around that to make mickey pop. thanks so much for the blog. Take care Pam

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.