Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Aly has strep throat

Aww, poor Aly. Sunday night she came down with a high fever and it hit her hard. She was visiting with her friend from Montana, Taylor. She wanted to sleep instead. Over night she woke up a few times not feeling well. Never really complaining of anything other than her stomache hurting. On Monday she didn't start complaining of a sore throat until around lunch time. She still had a pretty high fever though. I decided to take her to Urgent Care since I couldn't get an appointment with our regular doctor. When we got there her fever was at 102. The Dr. said she had strep throat and sent us on our way with a prescription for antibiotics.

Poor girl has been miserable since. She isn't eating and is constantly complaining her throat hurts. Well in her words, "My neck hurts mommy." I have offered her popcycles, milk shakes, and ice cubes. She didn't even take more than one drink of the milk shake. She said it hurt to swallow....

Unfortunately I think we may have spread it to many unsuspecting people. Aly went ot a birthday party on both Saturday and Sunday. My guess is she was contagious then. Most of the children at the parties were from her class. I let her teacher know and apparently it is going around the class.

Hopefully by tomorrow she will start feeling better. We have missed two days of school already.

No comments: