Friday, September 5, 2008

Did you miss your favorite show?


I can't tell you how many times I have missed an episode of Big Brother or one of my many other favorite reality shows. This past week I have missed both episodes of Big Brother. Yes, I am in the digital age and I do have a DVR, that is not the problem. The problem is sometimes the satellite company doesn't get the time the show will air correctly. Since I use television for exercising on the treadmill I often don't find out till a day or two later. The good news is if the show is from CBS I can go directly to their site and watch it.


However do you know what happened to me over the summer. I was watching Top Chef and the last two episodes of the season wouldn't record. At first I wasn't sure why and didn't put much time into it. Then I figured it out, my satellite company took away the network BRAVO. I was so irritated. I had to go on the web to find out who won! Then I was watching Tori and Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood and lost the last few episodes because my satellite company decided to get rid of OXYGEN. Yes I am on the cheapest package and no I am not willing to upgrade $18 a month just to get these two networks back. So what is a girl to do?


Well today I discovered Hulu. Hulu is a website that allows you to watch your favorite shows and movies for free! Don't worry they have much more than just Reality TV. Check it out and don't upgrade your cable package. I heard you could actually link your computer to your TV. Perhaps if you did this you could just rely on this site for free TV?

2 comments:

Busymama Kellie said...

This sounds interesting, I'll go check it out. Thanks!

Kate said...

hilarious!! i totally watch Big Brother and get mad fun of for it, but oh well! thanks for the great tip....and thanks for stopping by my place! have a great day!! :)