Friday, March 28, 2008

Wow, I can't believe I got such a good deal!

Today was one of those days where I was really pleased with my thrifty abilities. I was in shock at how I was able to take a stove that was $899 from Sears and get in from Home Depot for $613. I am still grinning from ear to ear. I actually thought that I would be getting it for around $688 if Home Depot honored there policy of beating competitors prices by 10% because the stove was going to be on sale tomorrow at sears for $764. However, in the fine print it said on in stock purchases and I knew it was possible this could be classified as special order as I knew the store did not have one of these stoves on their floor.

So I went in hopeful and left absolutely pleased and ecstatic. I brought in all of my paper work from sears showing the sale they were running tomorrow and what the price would be. I also brought a printed copy of Home Depot's policy on beating competitors prices by 10%. (Bringing in this policy really saved me because the sales associate told the manager I brought it and read it to him) The manager o.k.'d meeting the price at $764 and then they were running a promotion to get a $75 gift card back for appliance purchases in that price range. They used that promotion to beat competitors price by 10%. Just as we were checking out she told me if I opened a Home Depot card they would give me an additional 10% off my stove which of course I said yes. We don't carry credit card debt and I will cancel this credit card anyway within a few months. No need to keep a card that won't continue to give me rewards. So once that 10% was taken off it was down to $688 and I will be receiving the $75 Home depot gift card in the mail for making the appliance purchase. So if you subtract the home depot gift card that makes my stove come out to $613. I am so happy that I saved almost $300 by shopping around and being patient! BTW I also got free delivery and haul away!!!!

I am extremely confindent that hubby will have the entire $75 giftcard spent on plants. So, everyone is happy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Way to go, that is awesome!