Friday, March 14, 2008

Dr Suess: Horton Hears a Who

Tonight hubby and I took the girls to see the movie Dr Suess: Horton Hears a Who. It was a very last minute decision as we decided it at 5:30 and the movie was at 6:45.

Aly absolutely loved the movie! This was the first time that she hasn't asked when it would be over. I thought it was absolutely adorable and can't wait for it to come out on DVD. That will definately be a movie we will be buying. All of the language was clean, the storyline was mellow--no major scare factor in it. The scariest part was a brief second when the kangaroo was looking for the vulture. He was hiding and popped out. That was it. Any child could handle that. We have had difficulty in the past with movies having scary parts in them to attract an older crowd of kids. All disney movies have pretty scary scenes in it. So this was refreshing that it didn't.

KK our two year old is still not ready for the movie theatre. What a bummer. Hubby and I had to trade taking her out. Lucky for me hubby took her out the majority of the time. I did miss the end though and can't wait to see it. Maybe I should just take Aly on a Mommy and Aly night out. Then we can see it again and I can see the parts I missed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought this movie for Haley for Christmas! Glad to hear it is a good one :)