Monday, March 24, 2008

Weight Loss Monday

I have been tracking my daily weight and workout routine for a week now. I have decided to go ahead and start posting the results from the week each Monday morning. Remember my previous post where I talked about my theory on women, weight loss and water retention? Well I think I am already showing it!

Last Monday I weighed 135.2. By Saturday morning I was down to 133.6. Guess what happened when I woke up this morning? I was back up to 135.2. Yeah, that's right! I also was crampy and should be starting my period anytime. So I personally feel like that was water retention due to my upcoming period.

For the week my total calories burned on my treadmill workouts was 4081.3. Now remember, it takes 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat. So in theory my workouts alone would have burnt 1.1 pounds of fat. By Saturday I was at 1.6 which means .5 pounds of weight loss came from diet/calorie restriction. So what happened from Saturday to Monday morning had to of been water retention. I continued working out both days burning an average of 550 calories each day. So it will be interesting to see when this week is over how many pounds I may be at next Monday.

No comments: