Friday, November 30, 2007

Poor Hubby

Last night while hubby was playing volleyball he injured his left ankle very badly. This is the same ankle he injures every 3 years or so. Last time he tore some ligaments and my guess is the same thing happened this time! Good thing we still have crutches and a walking cast. The bummer is his jeep is a stick so I will be driving him to work today. I might have to switch cars with him next week.
He will probably be out of volleyball for up to 6 months. Anyone that knows him knows that this will kill him. You know what the biggest bummer is? He asked for an indoor and outdoor volleyball for Xmas and over this last week I had ordered both from the internet. (He doesn't read my blog so this shouldn't ruin the surprise)
So now what should I do? He needs the volleyballs reguardless for when he starts playing again. But man, that could sure hurt his spirit to open them up! Should I keep them and save them for his birthday when he is closer to being able to return? Or should I give them to him anyway? What do you think?

1 comment:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Give them anyways so that he has something to look forward to!