Saturday, November 10, 2007

A little ignorant in the music department

For my birthday my hubby bought me an MP3 player so that I could listen to music in my car. I had a free trial of XM radio but it expired a few weeks ago and I must admit it was so hard to go back to listening to regular radio. However, I can't afford the extra money on the XM subscription and don't really know that I want to anyway. They have quite a few channels with commercials and isn't the point to be commercial free? I think by supporting that they will just continue to add more and more until they eventually have just as many as FM radio.

Well, my biggest problem is that I am such a dork that I don't know what music I like. I mean, I like top 40's but, I don't often know who sings the songs I like or what the song title is. I just sit back and listen and enjoy what radio is playing for me. So now I have this problem of what songs to put on my MP3 player. I currently only have 23. How pathetic is that? I can't think of what to put on there or who the songs I like are by. So, I ask you to please post a comment and give me some suggestions of artists and titles of songs you like to listen to. Perhaps through your help I will be able to find some more music that I like and just didn't know who it was by.
Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one song I like best is truely but I can't remember who recorded it. Another is " hope she'll dance or let her dance" by country music star.

Anonymous said...

Some songs I like is The Power of Love, The Reason,Treat Her Like a Lady,Tell Him, My Heart Will Go On, all By Celine Dion, She is one of my favorite singers some more is Lady, She Believes in Me, You Decorated My Life,The Gambler Lucille, Coward of the County by Kenny Rodgers.

Anonymous said...

You know me....anything by Rascal Flatts. You can always check out their myspace page and preview some songs to see what you like. I think you liked that one song Life is a Highway...from the movie Cars. :-)

Unknown said...

One of my favorite songs on the radio right now is "Hey There Delila" by Plain White Tees. I am like you--I happen to like whatever is playing on the radio at the time, but I also LOOOVE 80s music, so I have a lot of that on my MP3 player.

If you're trying to figure out what songs are popular, go to iTunes.com and check out their list of the most popular songs of the day--that's always helpful for me if I'm looking for new music to download.

P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog!