Friday, November 23, 2007

Day After Thanksgiving Sale--what a Nightmare


After not going back to sleep since 1:30 in the morning, I finally decided at 5:30 to get up and go. I needed to buy hubby a stocking stuffer at Staples so I went online to find my nearest store. I found out that I could order his stocking stuffer online so I start going through the process. Right when I am entering my credit card info KK wakes up. It takes me 20 minutes to get her back to sleep. By the time I complete the credit card info they say that can't guarantee the item will be in stock for me. So, unfortunately I decide to not take the chance and go to the store.

I got to Staples at 6:30 and was lucky enough to get the last one. So I see an amazingly long line and go get in it. It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get through the line. They only had 4 cashiers!

My next stop is Kohls which was the store I was most looking forward to. I had a great time and got my best deal of the day here. Mattell is currently giving online coupons for $5 off Polly Pocket and Kohls had 50% off on them. So I took a $16 Polly Pocket, got it for $8 and gave the $5 off coupon and only paid $3.00. Talk about a DEAL! At Kohls I had to wait in line for one hour and 5 min.

Both long lines had chatty people in it. I got to learn all about others lives, what they do for the holidays, and how many children they have. Everyone was pretty polite and I never ran into inconsiderate people so that was great!

After Kohls I met hubby to give him his sunglasses. He was off to take the girls to the zoo and fairytale town.

I decided to go to Target where I got another good deal for myself. I got a pair of Levi's for $12. Pretty good huh? Their line was only 5 minutes long so that was great.

Next I went to Sunrise mall and went to KB Toys. Their line was only 5 minutes long as well. By the time I finished KB's and had lunch I had one more stop to make. I went to a Sporting Goods store to try and find stuff for hubby. Unfortunately they didn't carry any of the items on his wish list.

At 2:30 I go to get gas in my hubby's jeep. Guess what happened? He has a locking gas cap and I didn't have the key. The jeep was on empty as well so I couldn't make it anywhere close to home since home is 45 minutes away. I had to call hubby. He had to drive home, get the key, and come back to get me. By the time he reached me it was 4:30. Talk about a long day! I slept very well last night!

No comments: