Monday, November 5, 2007

KK's letter recognition skills

Well I must say, KK is truely amazing!!! I decided to test her on her letter recognition skills. Do you know how many letters in the alphabet she can identify? I was shocked and amazed that she knew 22 out of 26 letters. The only letters she had trouble with were I, F, T, and W. I am obviously soo proud. She is only 2 years old and doing so well already. She knows a lot of her letter sounds as well but I haven't tested her on those yet. I have to give a lot of credit where credit is due though. She loves the DVD movie by Leap Frog called Letter Factory. This DVD has taught both of my girls their letters and sounds before I have managed to do it myself.

For every birthday party that my girls are invited to we always buy this DVD and give it for a gift. Everyone has always loved it and said they were amazed at how well their children learned from it. I highly recommend it to anyone with a child 5 years or younger. For those interested they also make DVD's that teach them how to sound out words and math skills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayla you are going so good you are so smart for your age. Your mommy and daddy must be very proud of you I know I am. oxoxox

Anonymous said...

That is truly amazing! I would definitely be the proud parent as well. :-) Timmy is not there yet with his letters that's for sure! :-)