Thursday, September 6, 2007

Strawberry Shortcake, Frogs, and Pigs

KK has recently really gotten into Strawberry Shortcake. All because a friend gave us a hand me down VHS and gave Aly two Strawberry Shortcake dolls for her birthday. Since KK has been so into it, I found some Strawberry Shortcake socks at Sears on sale for a dollar so I bought her a package of two. When we got home she really wanted to wear them. The funny part is she wanted to wear both pairs at the same time. I tried taking one pair off before bed and she cried because she wanted both pair on. So I left them on. The next morning I wanted to take them off and give her a clean pair of socks. She was upset so I compromised to letting her wear one pair. That day I found a Strawberry Shortcake pillow case on clearance for $3 so I bought her and Aly each one. They have been carrying their pillows all around the house. You know what will be on our Christmas list in this house.

Aly's current favorite things are pigs and frogs. The frogs she has loved since she was two but the pig thing is recent. It is really cute though. She carries her pig stuffed animal with her everywhere. I will have to take a picture of the two of them and post it. She has plenty of frog stuff. Anytime we see a shirt with a frog on it we buy it. I guess now we will have to do the same thing with pigs. Although, I think it is pretty hard to find pig shirts. It will be cute to see how long the pig thing lasts.

So guess how lucky I was tonight? For the first time ever I had both girls in bed by 8:45. Yeah, I finally get some Mommy time. Hubby is playing volleyball so I get time all alone. So weird but so needed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you were little you liked strawberry shortcake too, Angela. You had alot of strawberry shortcake stuff.

Bill F said...

Gee, I never had strawberry shortcake stuff when I was a kid.

Instead I had to eat brussels sprout shortcake.

My mom told me, "You shut up and eat your brussels sprout shortcake, or you won't get any dessert!"

I hated brussels sprout shortcake, 'cause I knew the dessert was going to be eggplant pie.

I hope that KK and Aly don't have to eat eggplant pie. Or banana peel soup. That was the worst.

My mom said, "You just shut your pie hole and eat your banana peel soup! Then you can stay up and watch the documentary on the brick factory."

I now live in a wooden house. I like it that way.

(They're going to hate me for this -- but it was funny at the time!...)