Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Diet Competition

KK's occupational therapist told me he was having a weight loss competition with his wife. After hearing this I thought it would be a good idea for hubby and I to do the same thing. So I asked hubby and he agreed. We both thought it would be a great motivation.

My target weight loss is 6 pounds which will bring me back to my normal comfortable weight. My clothes are getting tight and I am starting to feel gross about the extra 6 pounds of fat I have accumulated.

Hubby's target weight loss is around 8 pounds so we aren't far from each other.

Last night we went to Alyssa's ice cream social. My secret to staying away from sugar--wear tight pants that you feel overweight in and it will help you to not give in to the temptation. Hubby must not have had tight pants on because he had an ice cream Sunday and two cookies. (I had two small bites of his second cookie but that was all I had)

So I began teasing him that he was putting me in the lead to win. This is really debatable though because he plays volleyball two nights a week and he said he will probably go running on his lunch breaks. Me, being a full time stay at home mom, gives me no opportunity for any of that. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to manage 30 minutes on the exercise bike. Most of the time I try within ten minutes KK is trying to climb all over the bike, which makes me have to stop for her safety. So, we will see how the rest of the week goes and if my little KK gives me the opportunity to exercise on the bike.

Wish me luck!!! What is your prediction, who will win on Sunday's weigh in?

No comments: